LEARNING THROUGH QUESTIONS!!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please answer the question above, be corteous and polite.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Answer to Open Source Software interrogants.

+2
carolina martinez
eileenjimena
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

eileenjimena

OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE Do you know what Open Source Software is? What is your opinion about using Open Source Software? Is it a solution? Is it a problem? Explain your arguments. Remember to write name and grade.

Well, the Open Source Software is the software that's created and ditrbuyed in a free way, thus it can be free for the users too.
My opinion about using Open Source Software is that sometimes is amazing, because you may need a software and you can download in a few minutes and then work in it all the time you need. But there's a negative point in the fact that's free, we'll don't know if the source of it is a reliable one, so it may contain viruses or something that may make sick the computer.
And othere thing is know where to search the Software, beacause maybe there are some ilegal Software on the web, so, if we download that kind of software we'll be actually stealing the work of the software maker.
Well I think so that in the paragraph I already explain my opinion on the "problem" or "solution" situation.

Eileen Torres. 10A

carolina martinez

[quote="eileenjimena"]OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE Do you know what Open Source Software is? What is your opinion about using Open Source Software? Is it a solution? Is it a problem? Explain your arguments. Remember to write name and grade.

hi teacher my name is carolina martinez of 10 A
well I think that this software is very usefull well te software have two points of view. one is good because the software is free and you can modificate how many times do you wnata and how do you want and is very helpfull for ours but also the software have bad things welll one that is you can down virus or something that could do damage for the computer or yo can down the software that is pirate and thata colud be worst for yours computer thats why we have to hace many carefull with the things that we down for internet
but i thnik tha if we know how tu use the software is gonna be a good instrument
teacher thanks Wink

reina jimenez

Hi teacher i am Reina Jimenez Very Happy
okay the open source software is a helpfull tool because you can check the code and change it if you want to do that.
the open source software also is good to all the people because the lisence of this says that nobody can be discriminate, and all the persons can be equall and they can get the software, i think that many times the open source software is a solution to our lifes, however i think that other times it means a problem because the people that is evil... many times do changes in the codes or do anything that do bad modifications to the software and when you download it in your computer it cause damages in your computer and it converts in a big problem to you and your pocket because you have to pay money to fix it
It`s all teacher study
Reina Jimenez Diaz 10 a
bye

4Answer to Open Source Software interrogants. Empty Katherine Villegas. Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:45 am

katt(:

Hi! Teacher.
This is my answer. Wink

It is the denomination of the software that respects the freedom of the users on his acquired product and, therefore, once obtained it can be used, copied, studied, changed and redistributed freely. The free software refers to the freedom of the users to execute, to copy, to distribute, to study, to change and to improve the software.
I think that on one hand so much since good the software can be a villain, because on having unloaded it we have the possibility that with this one also they lower virus of computer that they can affect the functioning of this one itself.

By:
Arrow Katherine Villegas Camacho 10ºA tongue

EdNiS!!

OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE Do you know what Open Source Software is? What is your opinion about using Open Source Software? Is it a solution? Is it a problem? Explain your arguments. Remember to write name and grade.

Open source software is the term that means: software that is distributed and developed by a FREE way, that refers that this software respect the customer's decisions and the user's freedom of do whatever you want with your own product.
when you get your own software you can run, copy, distribute, study, change and improve the software, to be more concise OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE means that the product's owner gets 4 benefits or liberties with the software posession: Like a Star @ heaven study the operation of the system, Like a Star @ heaven adapt the system according to the needs, Like a Star @ heaven helping to others distributing your software in a free way, Like a Star @ heaven and benefit the community through system's improvements.
you can get the software free, or pay for it and then distribute it.

Laughing i think that the use of this software contributes to you and your community, because you can, not only study his operation, or his defects, you can help to improve the software and make it better every day. That's the reason why every time we heard about version 0.2, or something like that because we can improve its operation and fix the defects.

i think that the use of this software is a solution that helps everybody, because it's free, it's good and we learn about it ,and when we fix it it learns about us.
also we can distribute it without copyright infringement so we can help us and help everybody without hurt nobody.

EDNA OSORIO 10°A I love you flower study elephant

DANIELA

Heyy Teacherr Smile Daniela Bastilla 10 A

Well i read the expalnation of the Open Source Software , that`s fantastic, have a Software that is the faster and free:) that soo good , well i thing this software is amaizing because people who have to istall faster a program (software ) and thay didn`t have money and the cd to insalle it ?... waht can they do?
yess this is the solution for our problems is a new software thas is faster,help tha enviroment, is the favorite , a beutiful software in that you don`t expend you`r money .
one of the magic propietis of this software is that have like a band protect the virus of your PC , THINGS THAT YOU DIDNT SEE IN A OTHER PROGRAMS
This software is for the people who are taking care of the money ( taht is so important) and people who like the nex technology

thanks teacher Smile
thaecher i like this foro Smile
its a good idea

7Answer to Open Source Software interrogants. Empty answer to open source software Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:24 am

yerla po

This is software that respects the users' freedom about the product acquired so when this it is acquired can realizarce changes they want for exaple send again, copy, study, be analyzed and many more.

This software is distributed free or at market price, but not always is well preserved as free distribution of freedom and therefore may be sold commercially.

this software can have many benefits it is used by people in a free and easy also can be used for successful studies but also can give misuse to cause damage and bad repairs but is a good idea if people manage software responsibly.

yerla gonzalez
10 A

8Answer to Open Source Software interrogants. Empty answer to open source software !! Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:13 am

daniela

HI TEACHER!!! WELL, The open source software its a helpfull tool because is a software that can be used, studied, and modified without restriction, and which can be copied and redistributed in modified or unmodified form, or with minimal restrictions.
This program have 2 points, one point that its positive, its that you can change the information in the software, and the negative point its that these free programs have ``virus´´ so we have more oportunities to have virus.
Daniela guerrero
10 a

karol su

Mennecke open source program is a very useful and can be freely distributed to anyone without taking into consideration the person or group .. etc, without any discrimination and can develop better source codes, documentation and executable program. Also this program helps us develop a digital graphic art is useful and serviceable to any user because its distribution is freely
karol bustos 10 A

10Answer to Open Source Software interrogants. Empty My answer of the question.... Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:28 am

Mapzº

Hi teacher Smile

Well.... An Open Source Software is like a program which can be downloaded without a password or a segurity code.... you only need to be agree with some terms of use (perhaps not in all the programs) and you'll have your free program in a minute.
I guess that this is a bad way to get a a program for free, because you'll never have the guarantee that this program is without virus or not... Also, if the program is being shared without the authorization of the company; you're making copyright violation.

But anyway.... There're some companies that are doing this legally... a good example can be Windows Live and Messenger, so maybe it's not as bad as I think Wink

In conclusion, the OSS is a problem and a solution at the same time. It depends where you download the programs and how do you get it.

Thanks teacher Very Happy

I'm Maria Paula Rueda
10ºA

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum